The national reports published on this website are the result of the research made by each national experts involved in this project. At this stage of the project the reports are not yet finalized. They are only working papers! In particular, the layout and language check must be performed.
The purpose of this early publication of the reports is to stimulate all stakeholders in the field to react on the content of the reports. Your comments are therefore welcome and can be sent to euprisonersUU@gmail.com. Please make sure that you clearly mention on which report you are commenting and also include the page- and section number you are commenting on. If you want your name and function to appear in the final version of the report, please mention this in your email.
All useful comments will be taken into account in the drafting of the final version of the reports which, with the conclusion of the research, will be published in 2018.
- Part I: Introduction
- Part II: Application of mutual recognition to the transfer of judgments of conviction in the context of EU law
- Part III: Limitations on the obligation of mutual recognition and fundamental rights protection in the EAW, FD 2008/909 and FD 2008/947
- Part V: Comparative analysis and recommendations
- Part VI: Conclusions and recommendations
Part IV: National Reports (pdf)
European Judicial Network Documents
- 2013/48/EU: Directive on the right of access to a lawyer in criminal proceedings and in European arrest warrant proceedings, and on the right to have a third party informed upon deprivation of liberty and to communicate with third persons of 22 October 2013
- 2012/13/EU: Directive on the right to information in criminal proceedings of 22 May 2012
- 2010/64/EU: Directive on the right to interpretation and translation in criminal proceedings of 20 October 2010
- 2008/909/JHA: Transfer of Prisoners of 27 November 2008
- 2008/947/JHA: Probation of 27 November 2008
- 2002/584/JHA: European Arrest Warrant (EAW) of 13 June 2002